top of page
Welcome to the UKSLSS Blog!
This year, the UKSLSS launched a new blog. Here you will be able to find all the information you need to become a lawyer in Singapore, keep up with legal developments, hear insights from our professionals, and many more!
1. Submissions are open to all students currently studying in the United Kingdom and have a nexus with Singapore (Singaporean citizenship, Singaporean permanent residency, was previously educated in Singapore, etc.)
2. Please first send a 200 word pitch detailing your proposed submission topic. Editors will be in contact with you to review and refine the topic before approving it for the full blog submission.
3. There is a hard minimum of 1000 words and a maximum of 2000 words for all blog submissions. Adjustments to the word count may be made at UKSLSS’s discretion; please contact us to arrange possible arrangements.
4. Citations of all cases, statutes, academic papers, etc. should be done in OSCOLA Referencing Style. However, instead of footnote citations, all references should be cited at the end of the article instead.
5. All UKSLSS submissions should be informative, clear, and current. It is important that submissions should be focused; submissions that commendably take on very difficult, complex, and broad areas of law should be better reserved for UKSLSS’s Singapore Comparative Law Review.
6. Submissions must not contain content that is offensive, abusive, derogatory, defamatory, or otherwise inflammatory. UKSLSS reserves discretion to accept and reject content that it deems to have met this criteria. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the UKSLSS Team.
7. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. The UKSLSS Team reserves the right to end the submission cycle early if deemed necessary.
8. When submitting your pitch to the UKSLSS, please have the document name as ‘[UKSLSS Blog Pitch] NAME & SCHOOL’.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is the 31st of December 2023, 2359 GMT. We look forward to your submissions!
bottom of page